Happy Saturday! Long live the weekend! I am continuing my new found love for Distress Embossing Powder today. Today's project has a "not in the real world" kind of theme. Let's enter the realm of fantasy with this Steampunk Owl.
Stamps: All From Blockheads Stamps
Pre-cut white tag (3 1/8 x 6 1/4")
Black Satin Fabric scraps
Mini Safety Pin
- On a pre- cut white tag or a tag cut from CS (3 1/8 x 6 1/4") stamp the sexton with embossing ink.
- Heat emboss with Distress Embossing Powder.
- Let cool completely and then rub off the granules that don't melt. Gives a nice distressed looking image.
- Distress the entire surface of the tag with Distress inks.
- Stamp the Steampunk Owl with Cobalt ink
- Color the owl with Distress Markers
- Stamp the Pen nibs with Frayed Burlap Distress ink
- Add a strip of black satin fabric tied in knot to the bottom of tag
- Tie another strip in a knot at the top threading the fabric through the hole
- Pin a clock to the black satin with a mini safety pin
And, how about a few fun challenges for my Other worldly Steampunk Owl??!!
Creative Moments bloggers challenge: neutral colors and anything goes
Corrosive challenge: put a pin in it
Crafts and Me: vintage
Paper Play time: use some brown
Simon Says stamp and show: what are you known for!---always use fibers.
Isn't this owl just the greatest! I love it. Check out the Steampunk Chicken that is also in this set. The chicken is another of my favorites!! So totally whimsical!! Have a great weekend!! Love ya.