I am back from a little blogging break. I had a few days off and now I am ready to blog away. Today, I would like to show you some vintage cards I have made using one of my favorite themes--the dress form. The stamps are all from Blockheads Stamps and I added lots of simmer with Perfect Pearls powder.
I made a total of four samples.
Materials List for all the Cards:
Page from a Mixed Media Paper Pad (Strathmore)
Detail Card #1
- Tear a page from the Mixed Media paper pad.
- Stamp the Notions Collage stamp on the paper with Toffee Crunch ink.
- Tear the paper around the image.
- On a second piece of paper, stamp the Dress Form with Rich Cocoa ink
- Tear out the Dress Form
Detail Card #1
- Distress the edges of both pieces with Gingerbread Versa Magic. (Gives a nice dark opaque edge to paper)
- While ink is still wet, sprinkle Perfect Pearls powder onto paper.
- Brush excess powders off . This adds lots of shimmer to the edges.
- Layer onto tobacco colored CS. Add the Dress Form with dimensional adhesive
- Wrap bakers twine around
- Mount on Tan CS
Made the same way as Card #1 with these changes:
- Stamp Notions Collage Stamp with Butterscotch ink and use Red Birch and Gingerbread Versa Magic ink on the edges
Detail Card #2
- Stamp the button from Notions Stamp set with Rich Cocoa ink; sprinkle Perfect Pearls powder here too.
- Add a scrap of sheer fabric that has been tied in a knot.
I made two other examples before I made the two above. I thought it might be nice to put a sealer of some kind over the Perfect Pearls. I put a coat of Royal Coat Decoupage Finish on them. Well, it negated the shimmer. I still like the cards and think they are cool, but you can't really see the shimmer. So, I would not use the Decoupage finish on Perfect Pearls again, but would on a plain surface that I have not planned as a shimmery piece. Here are the non-shimmery samples.
- I used the Crackle Background stamp here and also stamped the Hooks and Eyes (Notions set) with Espresso Truffle ink.
- Use Malted Mauve and Gingerbread Versa Magic on the edges.
You can see that these two samples have a matte finish.
How about a few Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp and show: a favorite stamp---The Notions Collage
Love to Create: wrap it up-bakers twine
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday: glimmer and shine
We are supposed to get a winter storm here in Michigan later today. I have all errands for the week done and don't have to worry about going out tomorrow if we get lots of snow. Good excuse to make a few cards. LOL I wish you a day full of joy. Love ya