Thursday, May 22, 2014

Early Spring in the Garden and Some Cards Too

Hi Dreamers!
Not a lot going on in the garden.  We had a  really long winter and everything is about a month behind.  But, here are a few photos of the garden.  I added some cards at the end of the post too.


I planted these two Japanese Maples last summer and I was so glad to see that they made it through the tough winter.





Forget Me Nots





Grape Hyacinths: usually gone by this time of year, but since Spring was so late, they can be found next to the Hardy Geraniums.






The daffodils are always done by the time the Corydalis is out.  But because of the late Spring, we see them here together.





My rain barrel





Lily of the Valley



I don't remember planting this.  LOL   But, it is very pretty.  I think it may be some kind of Phlox.




***************************************************
Well, I suppose you need a card too.  Okay, I'll add a card too.




I stamped on tissue paper with Stazon ink and colored with a marker.  The CS is from A Muse Studios.  I sent some of these to Operation Write Home and some to Card Care Connection.
Instructions:

  •  I laid out a piece of white tissue paper and stamped the bamboo leaf ( Stampin' Up) repeatedly.  
  • Once I colored with the marker, I cut the tissue into squares.  
  • Glue the tissue to white CS









*********A few Fun Challenges for my tissue cards!
ABC Challenge: L is for lots of layers
Stamped Blessings: flowers


Don't forget the Memorial Day blog Hop this Saturday with Operation Write Home!!! I hope to see you then.  Have a great day!!  Love ya.
Karen

2 comments:

  1. Karen your garden looks lovely nice and colourful and your card is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card & your garden looks fab, thank you for joining us at the ABC challenge for our 'L is for lots of Layers' challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.