Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Vintage Medallions

Hi Dreamers!
We have snow already!  Well, I am not ready for snow!  And, we are supposed to get a bit more tonight.  I will just have to stay cozy and warm making a few cards.  I made this card using a Stampin' Up set and set it on  a handmade background.

NOTE:  I was going through my ink pads recently and found that I had several of the small pads I had not used very much.  They had pigment inks on them and had gotten pretty dry---no reinkers unfortunately.  I thought I needed to use them anyways.  I stamped with them and just hit them with the heat gun.  Because they were kind of dried out, the ink dried quickly.  And, I liked the soft effect.  Then I use the pad to distress the edges too.




Materials List:
Stamps: Daydream Medallions - Stampin' Up
Ink: plum pigment (see note above)
CS: white, plum, metallic bronze
Spray inks
stencil - Crafters Workshop
Sheer plum ribbon


 Instructions:

  • Make a card from plum CS
  • Add a background piece made with a stencil and spray inks
  • Stamp the medallions of white CS with the plum pigment ink
  • Distress the edges with the same ink
  • Heat set the ink
  • Layer onto a piece of bronze metallic CS



  • Wrap ribbon around stamped piece and tie in bow
  • Add to the card
  • Decorate the inside

Inside of the card:


Challenges for my Vintage Medallions:
Pile it on: vintage
Craft-Dee Bow: anything goes + a bow
Dream Valley: anything goes
My Craft Creations: anything goes


I have another Turkey card to share, and that is coming up later in the week.  I have been working on Christmas cards and crocheting scarves....so keeping busy.  See you soon.  Love ya
Karen

2 comments:

  1. Karen, This card is so simple yet so gorgeous! It is perfect for our ‘ANYTHING GOES WITH A HANDMADE BOW’ challenge at Craft-Dee BowZ. Thanks for sharing your talent with us and good luck. Check out our Diemond Dies die-cut giveaway for the month of November at Craft-Dee BowZ {Craft-Dee BowZ}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.